Landscape Architects, London and Exeter
Harris Bugg Studio is seeking to appoint two Landscape Architects for our growing and award-winning practice, working on a variety of prestigious public, private and commercial gardens, spaces and landscape. One role is located in our Exeter studio, and one in London. The successful candidates will work on projects through the entire design process, including proposals, design development, technical and tender, construction, planting, and final delivery.
Our current projects include large private projects geographically spread from the Highlands to Exmoor to Kent, with a range of styles form roof terraces to rural estates. We are also working on significant legacy projects with clients including the National Trust, the Royal Horticultural Society, the Royal Botanic Garden Jordan, and Gothenburg Botanic Garden. Travel to projects is an essential part of the role whichever studio you are based in.
We are progressive, innovative and ambitious team who are committed and focussed on producing exceptional work, and who also take work/life balance seriously.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
– Degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture or Landscape/Garden Design
– 3-5 years experience in the delivery of landscape projects in a garden design or landscape architecture practice
– Strong graphic, verbal and written communications skills to communicate ideas, issues and solutions.
Client and supplier relationships are important to us, so you will need to be excellent in telephone, face to face and written communication.
– Experience of developing both masterplans and technical/construction drawings and specifications; of translating designs into actual implementation
– Experience of site inspections and site supervision of independent contractors and specialists
– Experience of managing schedules and budgets to produce on-budget, on-time projects with researched and considered solutions to challenges.
– Strong project management and co-ordination skills with experience of working under pressure and completing work to the highest standard for deadlines.
– Ability to work effectively both individually and with a team.
– Strong CAD and Adobe suite skills
– Horticultural and plant knowledge
– Eligible to work in the UK, possess any relevant visas and be fluent in spoken and written English.
– Self-aware, responsible and reliable
– Receptive; able to give and receive feedback constructively; flexible and open to new ideas
– Driven with a positive, can-do attitude; well organised; goes the extra mile; rigorous attention to detail.
Competitive, dependent on qualifications and previous relevant experience.
This is a permanent position with a potential immediate start. Applications should include the following:
• A cover letter including a short description of landscape or garden that inspires you and why
• Your CV
• Portfolio – please be clear which is your work, and the work that was collaborative or part of a team.
Please send these by email email@example.com with “Landscape Architect Application – London” or “Landscape Architect Application – Exeter” as the title of the email. Application deadline: Thursday 27th June 2019, 5 pm. Shortlisted candidates informed by Friday 28th June 2019. Interviews early/mid-July 2019.
Harris Bugg Studio is an equal opportunities employer.